Our (research) projects with JavaFX are almost finished. We have awesome results and everything is production ready. The only drop of bitterness is the performance of JavaFX on desktops and mobile devices, but this can be improved by Oracle. It's not in our hands.
What do we have?
- a complete JavaFX UI for JVx
- a custom application frame for mobile applications
- Live CSS manipulation of installed apps (needs debug build)
- Complete Project export for JavaFX mobile projects (JavaFXPorts based gradle project),
integrated in upcoming VisionX 2.3
- Remote Work-screen loading (via VisionX)
- JVx server runs without limitations on mobile devices
- JVx client runs on mobile devices (for network clients)
How does it look like?
I have some screenshots from two applications. The first one is a standalone JVx application. The whole JVx framework runs on the mobile device. The app is a remote control for our eTV project (it's a brand new side project of our research team).
The app was inspired by MS Metro style ... Windows8 style ... Modern ... Universal ... Windows Store ... Windows apps.
The main screen has some buttons to control our eTV and some buttons open a "popup" with additional options:
The second app will be shown as Video, because we want to demonstrate how we use VisionX to create backoffice apps in under 5 minutes! The app itself isn't complex and does "nothing special", but the same mechanism works for complex applications like our Demo ERP system (read our Code once. Run anywhere post).
(The video lasts 05:19 but it should be 07:30 because the build process takes 02:50. We shortened the build process because it's boring to wait.)